The Muslim Women’s Popular Fiction Network will host a series of online and in-person events over the two years of the project.
Year one is focused on develop local ‘nodes’, each highlighting an area of particular expertise and focused on developing scholarly networks more locally.
- Translation – led by Dr Şima İmsir, Özyeğin University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Education – led by Dr Amy Burge, University of Birmingham, UK
- Literature and Decoloniality – led by Dr Aroosa Kanwal, International Islamic University, Pakistan
- Text and Image – led by Dr Esra Santesso, University of Georgia, USA
- Mobilities – led by Dr Lucinda Newns, Centre for Popular Culture in the Humanities, Education University of Hong Kong
In Spring 2023, we will host an international conference in Brussels, Belgium to bring together researchers from local nodes and elsewhere, encouraging collaboration across languages, disciplines and genres. The conference programme will include scheduled time for researchers to meet previously identified research partners and structured space and workshops in which network members can plan for future collaboration.