Terror suspect Mohammed Ahmed Mohamed on the run after changing into burka on London mosque visit

November 3, 2013

 

A terror suspect who escaped surveillance by changing into a burka on a visit to a mosque was on the run on Sunday night. Mohammed Ahmed Mohamed was last seen at a west London mosque on Friday afternoon. The 27-year-old is “not considered at this time to represent a direct threat to the public”, Scotland Yard said, but urged anyone who sees him to call 999 immediately.

Somalia-born Mohamed, who is 5ft 8in tall and of medium build, arrived at the An-Noor Masjid and Community Centre in Church Road, Acton, at 10am on Friday and was last seen there at 3.15pm that day. He is subject to a Terrorism Prevention and Investigation Measures notice (Tpim).

He is the second person to breach a Tpim since they were introduced to replace control orders early last year. In December, Ibrahim Magag, who is understood to have attended terror training camps in Somalia, absconded after ripping off his electronic tag. Police are still searching for him.

 

The Independent: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/terror-suspect-mohammed-ahmed-mohamed-on-the-run-after-changing-into-burka-on-london-mosque-visit-8920055.html

Immigrants field list in northern city’s polls

Immigrants in the northern city of Padua are for the first time, fielding a list of candidates for local elections to be held in June, 2009. Among those being fielded include Mohammed Ahmed, a 52-year old Egyptian-born TV presenter, who has lived in Italy for more than 4 decades.

Ahmed said that he would be honored if selected to run for mayor. He currently presents special programs on local TV stations targeted towards immigrants, and is due to present a forthcoming TV news bulletin in Arabic.

Full text article continues here. (Some news sites may require registration)

Immigrants launch social security patrol

Immigrants in the northern Italian city of Padua have decided to contribute to local security, by organizing a local nighttime neighborhood watch. Mohammed Ahmed, an Egyptian-born news anchor, launched the initiative. The group of immigrants who are integrated in the local community will begin their patrol on Friday night, in several districts of the city. I want to send a message to all well-integrated foreigners like me in Italian society that they should not be afraid to go out on the street,” Ahmed said. Immigrants from North Africa and eastern Europe are expected to take part in the patrol.