With only just over thirty members and an extravagant Grade II listed
Moorish building, the tiny Jewish community of Bradford have for many years
been in despair about their finances – until the local Muslim community
stepped in to help.
The grand-looking Reform synagogue, is on an unassuming street, between the
Yorkshire Tandoori, Al-Hijaab Islamic Clothing and the Jamia Shan-E-Islam
Built in 1880, it has long been under threat of closure, but several Muslim
organisations in the city have pledged to stop it falling into ruin, with
donors giving £2,000 to save the synagogue’s roof.