Berlin – A German extremist of Turkish origin was responsible for a suicide bomb attack in March on a US post in eastern Afghanistan, press reports said in Germany Saturday. The reports in the mass-circulation Bild newspaper and in the weekly news magazine Focus cited unnamed German security sources. German federal prosecutors could provide no information on the reports when contacted by Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa. The attack, which took place in Khost province on March 3, claimed the lives of two soldiers deployed with the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and two Afghan workers. Six others were injured. The reports said the man was 28-years-old and had lived near Ansbach in the southern state of Bavaria with a wife and two children. One of the reports linked him to an Islamist terrorist cell uncovered in September last year. The plotters, who included two German converts to Islam and a Turkish Muslim, had allegedly been planning large bomb attacks on US facilities in Germany.